Passenger Instructions

首页 / 旅客指南 / Passenger Instructions


Regulations on Procedures for Entry-Exit Border Inspection

1. Inbound and outbound passengers must submit their valid passports or other exit and entry certificates to the border inspection station for inspection. Outbound passengers must show their boarding pass for the flight they take, and then they can leave or enter the country only after being inspected and approved by the border inspection station.


Inbound passengers taking the self-service clearance passage can reaffix the current inspection seal at the place where the inspection seal is affixed behind the passageif they forget to reaffix the current inspection seal, they may contact the duty office of the border inspection station later to agree on a time for affixing the seal. Contact telephone: 020—36066950.


Foreign passengers shall fill in the foreigner entry (exit) registration card according to the regulations. After going through the entry border inspection procedures, the border inspection station shall collect and deposit the entry card, and keep the exit card for use when leaving the country.

4Foreign passengers visiting China with group visa don’t need to fill in the Foreigner entry (exit) Card.


  Entry/Exit of China Mainland Residents


Mainland residents who want to go abroad should hold valid passports and visas to the destination country (except for countries that are exempt from visa or landing visa);


Mainland residents travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau should hold the " Exit-Entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau " and valid endorsements;


Mainland residents traveling to and from Taiwan should hold the "Mainland Residents Traveling Permit to Taiwan" and valid endorsements;

4Mainland residents bounding for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan endorsed as a travel endorsement ("L" endorsement) should enter and exit with the tourist group.


  Entry/Exit of Hong Kong and Macau Residents

Hong Kong and Macao residents should hold a valid Hong Kong or Macau passport, valid " Home Return Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents" or " Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents" to go through border inspection formalities.


  Entry/Exit of Taiwan Residents

Taiwan residents should hold a valid Taiwan passport, valid “Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents” and valid endorsement or residence to go through border inspection formalities.


   Entry/Exit of Foreigners


Foreign travelers entering and exiting China, except those who are exempted from visas, shall go through the border inspection procedures with the valid passports and Chinese visas (or permanent residence and residence permits);


Overstaying foreign passengers or foreign tourist group that need to be divided into groups for special reasons after entering China,they ;shall go through relevant formalities at the entry-exit administration department of the local public security bureau before exit..

3Foreign passengers who have lost passports in China after entry should apply to their embassy in China for new passports and go through relevant formalities at the entry-exit administration department of the local public security bureau before exit.


  24-hour direct transit exemption


From 0:00 on June 28, 2013, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport has implemented the policy of exemption from border inspection for 24-hour direct transit passengers..


Passengers who hold connecting tickets of China Southern Airlines, transfer to other international flights at Baiyun Airport within 24 hours, and do not leave the port control area of the airport during the transit, can be exempted from the inspection procedures and handled directly at the transfer counter of China Southern Airlines.


   72-Hour Visa-free Transit Policy


The Guangdong Provincial Government announced the implementation of 72-hour visa-free transit policy for foreigners from 51 countries and regions at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport since August 1, 2013.


The transit visa-free policy specifically refers to citizens of 51 countries and regions who hold their own valid international travel documents, a third country visa and a connecting ticket from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to a third country or region with a fixed date and seat within 72 hours. They can move freely in Guangdong Province and stay in transit for 72 hours without applying for a Chinese visa and exit from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport.


Qualified foreign passengers, holding completed foreigner entry-exit cards, valid international travel documents, third country (region) visa andconnecting tickets booked within 72 hoursshall go to the counter 19-20 of the border inspection and apply to the China border inspection.


Guangzhou Tourism Bureau provides free one-day tour service in Guangzhou for transit passengers with "72 hour transit visa free" (choose either subway Guangzhou tour or bus Guangzhou tour):

Subway tour to Guangzhou (including 24-hour subway card, tickets for Lingnan architecture and folk crafts treasures - Chenjiaci, Lingnan historical exploration - Nanyue King's Tomb Museum)

Bus tour to Guangzhou (including tour vehicles, excellent Chinese and English tour guides, tickets to Chenjiaci, Cantonese dim sum lunch and mineral water).